Final Friday Top Five!

Final Friday Top Five

Reusables!

All pictures made on Canva

I have been looking at a lot of reusable products, thanks to my podcast, so I figured I should rank them! I've been really enjoying taking a closer look at them. In the future I will be doing more pro/con lists here on the blog to further explore these awesome products!

Without further waffle, here are my top five reusable products.

5. Gift Bags


As per usual, I am breaking my own rules and starting with something not technically advertised as reusable. But surely I am not the only person who hoards gift bags and the fancy paper shopping bags with a mind to reuse them? I have a wine bag which is made from jute so if that's not reusable I don't know what is! And even if I don't actually hand the physical bag over, they are a great way to transport gifts at the very least. 

I genuinely think I have never bought a gift bag in my life. 

4. Sanitary Towels



Making the switch to reusable sanitary towels was one of the first major changes I made and I am glad I did. I've saved money, I've drastically reduced my plastic waste, and I have a more comfortable experience. I won't lie, it's still not comfortable - the bloating, the pain, and the hyper awareness of the thing in my pants - but it's better than the plastic version. Bonus: they are pretty. When I'm on my period, it's nice to have even the smallest pretty thing about my person, to help ease the crappy feelings. 


3. Travel Mugs



We all know I love a good travel mug. They are an easy and better alternative to the paper cup, and they come in a variety of materials to suit everyone. I love my "Keep Calm and Scuba Dive" mug and my Chilly's bottle - both gifted by the same person, he knows me well and I am forever grateful! With social distance shopping and increased chance of queuing, I have taken to drinking my morning coffee during the food shop. The bamboo cup I use keeps my drink hot and drinkable throughout the shop - and it gives the staff a giggle when they see how prepared I come. Seriously, I take a book and everything!

Travel mugs come in such a variety and at an affordable price that it is getting to the point where we have no excuse for not using them. One of the reasons why I like to have a big handbag is so that I can fit a travel mug in when I go for some retail therapy (and the book, handful of pens, deodorant, notebook, worm hole to another dimension...). I can have my coffee break in style and on the go if I need it.

2. Baking sheets



Reusable baking sheets have honestly revolutionised my cooking and baking experience. No longer is it a crying experience extracting bakes from tins. Did anyone see my insta the other day? Getting flapjacks out of the tray used to be a stressful and unsuccessful endeavour and now it is pure joy. Even if there is less snacking flapjack. But I love them for so much more: they help to reduce mess, stop food from gluing itself to trays, and generally making my life easier.

I'm looking forward to being able to get some silicone sheets and trying them out.



Honourable Mentions
Straws - Paper, stainless steel, whatever!
Bamboo Cutlery
Safety Razor


 
1. Tote Bags 



Hurray for tote bags! Totes are a staple of life. Sturdier than plastic bags, pretty, multipurpose, all the shapes and sizes - who doesn't love totes? I have totes to suit every need: bag for life for the food shop; shark patronus canvas for making a statement (and showing off); canvas bag in my handbag because they take up little space. I am tote-ally covered. And as with gift bags, I seem to amass more than I buy! At the Dive Convention in 2018, I came home with loads and I have been gifted a few too. 

Totes and bags for life have been around for ages, so much so that they are habit and just part of my life. Since the plastic bag charge, I think I've bought two? And that was only when I got caught out. I've not bought a plastic bag in years - I even reuse the ones that I do have as they too are made with a certain amount of reusability in mind. 

For me, totes are the most useful and versatile thing I own. Storage, transport, alternative handbag, shopping... the list goes on.





What are your favourite reusable products? Have I missed any good ones? Would you like me to weigh up the pros and cons of any of them? Lemme know below!



Listening to: Community 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line