Mermaid Music: Spoopy Edition

 Mermaid Music Banner

 🎃Spoopy Edition🎃

It's time for the next lot of Mermaid Music, Spoooooppppyy Edition. Because I have spent the majority of the last month listening to my Hallowe'en playlist. So I thought I'd share my top five faves and add them to the Mermaid Music playlist.

Spooky, Scary Skeletons (Undead Tombstone Remix) - Andrew Gold

This one came up on my TikTok feed before it sank in that this was my kind of tune. Naturally, I then scoured Spotify for it and queued it up a number of times. It just has that steampunk vibe which I love. I may have been singing and dancing to this while I waited for trick or treaters.


Sweet Transvestite - Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Can we just take a moment to appreciate what a beautiful human Tim Curry is? His voice is also incredible and this voice is just so heckin' fun to sing along to. That "Hah-yahh" noise he makes is just. so. good. It's been a while since I've seen the film, I wonder if it's on Netflix...


The Cringe - Patton Oswalt (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is an incredible TV show and the way they pay hommage to modern music is just phenomenal. The Cringe plays hommage to The Monster Mash, a fine song but not a hilarious reflection upon how embarassing moments come back to haunt you worse than anything else. Be prepared, there are likely to be more CEG songs appearing on Mermaid Musics in the future.


Friends on the Other Side - Keith David (Princess and the Frog)

Keith David came on my radar thanks to season 6 of Community, and since then I see (or hear!) him everywhere. So when it clicked that this song was sung by Keith David, I started to listen to it more carefully. I never really rated P&tF as a film, but it's soundtrack is phenomenal. If I am not listening to steampunk, I am listening to jazz and this film expertly captures that New Orleans vibe. Pair that with Keith David's smooooooth vocals, and you've got a recipe for shivers!


Club Villain - Your Favourite Martian

Showing my age here, but who else remembers when =3 and Your Favourite Martian were a thing? I used to religiously watch Ray William Johnson's =3 YouTube show and get excited over the next song from his band. Club Villain is definitely one of, if not the, best songs they ever did. It's impressive how many baddies they manage to name drop. Now, if you'll excuse me, Imma be partying with all these villains.

Landlocked Mermaid social media banner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line