Final Friday Top Five: Shark B-Movies

Final Friday Top Five!

Shark B-Movies



5. Sharktopus Vs Pteracuda (2014)

Photo from Wikipedia


First of all, this film stars Robert Carradine, aka Lizzie McGuire's dad. So, immediately, this film was in my good books. I grew up watching the Disney Channel. I have also watched the original Sharktopus and thought this was a fun direction to take the franchise in. It was silly, it was stupid; but it was everything I was expecting it to be, plus Lizzie McGuire's dad. 

4. Frenzy (2018)

Photo from IMDb

This film was diabolically dumb. Literally, every choice these characters make is dumb. But it was fun dumb. I enjoyed calling all the "twists" and we even got one wrong! As the film is about adventure-shy Lindsey finding her inner badass, I felt like I could almost relate to her. But then she'd do something very dumb and that feeling would go. Still, it had a glorious back drop and more than one shark.

Though, I have to ask. Does three sharks really constitute a "frenzy"?

3. Sharktopus Vs Whalewolf (2015)

Photo from IMDb

I watched this film as a double date my sister and our partners. It was a lovely day; we played Endless Ocean, I attempted to make vegan pizza rolls, and we watched a bad B-Movie. And boy was it bad. There was some very questionable science, a touch of bestiality, and the general over the top acting all B-Movies require. But we had great fun watching it. All four of us commented on the ridiculous moments, the nurse's inappropriate uniform, and how weird the whalewolf looked. 

All in all, a good time.

2. Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus (2009)

Photo from Wikipedia

I watched this film a long time ago and honestly do not remember very much of it. There was a submarine and someone who was maybe famous in the 80s? I don't know. The reason this is placing so high is for more of a sentimental reason.

My sisters and I were watching this film when Dylan was born.

How fitting is that?! 

The little shark nerd was born while his sisters watched a shark B-Movie. It's like the universe was telling us something.

Honourable Mentions
Sharkenstein (2016)
Raiders of the Lost Shark (2015) - purely for the name!

1. Sharknado Series (2013-2018)

Photo from Amazon

Is this a cop out? I don't care. Sharknado is the ultimate B-Movie, from its ridiculous premise to its major plot holes. If you can even argue it has a plot. There is just something so satisfying seeing Finn Shephard finding an excuse to wield a chainsaw against a shark. You know, the logical weapon of choice against a water dwelling creature. Yeah, sure, they are flying around in the sky, but still! I love all the cameos and how they even attempted to explain why the sharks are in the sky but then completely forgot to continue that train of thought. They even managed to shoehorn time travel into the series. 


What are your top five shark B-movies? Let me know, below.


Listening to: #ThrowbackThursday  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line