Mermaid Music

 

Mermaid Music banner

Is this an idea pinched from Carole? Yes, yes it is. Do I care? Yes, please be ok with this Carole! Anyway, just going to share some of the songs I am loving right now. There will be YouTube videos, waffles, and a playlist at the bottom. Over time, hopefully it will grow and be a real banger! I love discovering new music, so if you have any bops for me to listen to, drop them comments!

Hypnodancer - Little Big

I call this, starting strong. Hypnodancer is by Russian band Little Big who are, well very unique. Their music is equal parts amazing, baffling, and downright crazy. I cannot recommend them enough. Fair warning, some of their stuff is very weird and NSFW, but there are also some true gems amongst the madness. Hypnodancer being one of them. This song will make it onto every party/exercise/happy song playlist I make from now on. It is a bop, and I won't hear otherwise.

Warriors - Edda Hayes (League of Legends)

My boss introduced me to this song when we had a particularly difficult day looming. A slowed down cover of the Imagine Dragons song, this was originally for a League of Legends update. (Did I find an opportunity to sneak this onto a category page at work? Yes, yes I did. It was for LoL!) The first time I listened to this I got the goosebumps. The shivers. Everything that comes with listening to a song that is downright epic. It even inspired me to make a Feeling Badass playlist. It's such a fantastic version of what was already a great song.

Tango Del Fuego - Parov Stelar

I discovered Parov Stelar in the first lockdown and have since become obsessed with electro swing and steampunk music. It's one of my go-to work listening, depending on how technical the writing is I'm doing that day. (Electro swing can be more distracting than just instrumental music.). Now, Tango Del Fuego or Kiss of Fire is one my favourite songs that Hugh Laurie sings, so to hear a version from the king of Electro Swing is just *chefs kiss*. Plus, it features the original singer which is pretty neat. Sampled because, you know, the song is really old.

Leaves from the Vine - AtinPiano

Honestly, any version of this song will do, but the AtinPiano one is particularly beautiful. From the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender, this song is my go to when I am feeling a little blue and just want to wallow. The episode it comes from never fails to make me cry. Plus, it has such a simple yet melodic tune, and the way it builds - ugh, my heart hurts whenever I hear it. It also makes a great lofi yoga song. I love lofi music. Well, I love lofi covers of gaming and TV music - lofi Final Fantasy is great to work to. Which brings me nicely to my next song choice...

I Want to Be Your Canary: Scenes 1-4 - Various




Since starting my job, I have discovered an absolute bounty of Final Fantasy music to work to - especially stuff from IX. Which we all know is my favourite. So, when I found an entire album of covers, including some with lyrics and a dramatisation of the final cut scene, I was hooked. Whenever one of the first three songs from this set, I immediately queue up the remaining songs. It's. So. Good. And when he cries, "Bring my beloved Garnet to me!" UGH. The feels. I get this will go over most heads, but just appreciate that I love it - ok?!

Landlocked Mermaid Salop social media banner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line