Plastic Free Christmas: Advent Calendar

Today I have been busy making my advent calendar. I went to start it the other day and had a complete brain fail, so I called on the expert: my mum. She instantly saw what the probems were and suggested a much more practical way to construct the advent calendar. Best bit? We used the glue gun. No sewing involved!

It ended up very different to the design, but I am extremely happy with it. And I cannot thank my mum enough for the help she gave me this afternoon. Turns out this project maybe was a little too much for me.

But it is done now. Check out the making and project!

Blocking it out


A different and more practical background.


Starting with a few patterns and pockets.


Mapping out the final fifteen pockets.


Lots of folding and gluing.


Wonky donkey, but finished.

The pockets are much smaller than planned; but this means I can get creative with what goes in them.  I could do foil wrapped chocolate lollies, little slips of paper with the promise of cake, and a few are even big enough for coins! I am going to have some fun filling this calendar and I think the lack of numbers just means we can be flexible with what we pick. Got a free afternoon? Pick a cake one. Busy, busy, busy? Choccie coin.

I will share pictures when it is all full.



In its home, ready and waiting to be filled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line