Ow. Ow. Ow.

 

Ow Ow Ow banner

I have taken the plunge and joined the gym. At university, I really enjoyed going as it gave me a dedicated two/three times a week where I did not have to think about assignments. Much needed respite in all. And it meant I could eat take-out pizza guilt-free. I convinced myself I was "calorie neutral". (I am well aware I was not, but I was 18 with a great metabolism.)

My goal this time is to exercise for my mental health. Two/three times a week where I am just working on me. Getting healthier, feeling stronger, and reaping any benefits that may sow. I am even aiming to cycle to and from the gym - it's not far and can only help benefit. However, if I do drive, I will not beat myself up about it. Sometimes I will need to, because that's just how life is.

So far I have been twice since I signed up last weekend, both on my designated gym days. Woot woot. The first session I mostly hogged the crosstrainer as it was the only machine I remembered how to use! Still, it felt great to be active and to get in the zone with my tunes. The second session was with the in-house trainer, going round the machines and showing me how to use them. I now have an arsenal of weight machines I can use, with the knowledge of which ones to avoid because of my dodgey hamstrings.

Having a human who knew what they were talking about go through each machines and where I was supposed to be feeling it was so useful. I feel much safer using the equipment now. And more confident to stray away from the cross trainer!

All in all, I am excited for my gym adventure. The ows mostly refer to the fact that my bike saddle hurts my butt. Can confirm, the heavier you are, the more they hurt! XD

Landlocked Mermaid Social Medias


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line