Diving Bucket List

Between working weekends recently and healing tattoos, I've barely been in the water. Not even gone in the pool until this Thursday just gone! While pining after the water I've been mentally compiling a bit of a diving bucket list. It's only three places long so far, but I can always add to it as I think of them.

My Pinterest is partually to blame for this, as it keeps showing me this pin:

Scuba Diving Map

I'm fairly certain it is available as a poster, so I may be convincing the fella we need one.

The Diving Bucket List
(So Far)

The Caribbean

Now this probably stems from watching Pirates of the Caribbean a lot as a teen. I wasn't always oogling Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom, I was eyeballing the location and the underwater shots. This wanderlust has been further fuelled by Death in Paradise.
Photo from Caribbean Diving
The Caribbean is home to sharks, corals, sponges - all sorts of life. The water always seems so clear and, well, it's a tropical paradise with all the best rums. You can see why I want to go. It seems very exotic, far away and glamorous. And warm! I do like the sunny weather. 

Maldives

My instagram and pinterest are usually full of pictures from the Maldives, which always gives me the green eyes of envy. 
Photo from Regal Diving



The Maldives are just teeming with life. Creatures from the reef, creatures from the deep - it's an underwater paradise. In this technicolour underwater scape you can find reef sharks, whale sharks, manta rays, and all other types of fish, big and small. It contains so many marine creatures which are on my Fish Bucket List!

Anglesey

This one shouldn't really come as a surprise as it's the trip I almost took. I was so excited to do a dive so seemingly exotic just off the coast of home; but the weather is a factor one must always consider when diving. But I will get there! One day.

From Kevin Phillip's YouTube
I actually find it quite baffling that something so exciting as wreck diving is so close to home. I'm not sure why I feel like this, I guess "exciting" has just always been so closely associated with "exotic" or "far away". But the fact it is so close to home makes it even better - I don't have to travel half the world and spend an exorbitant amount of money, because I can drive three hours down the road and there it is!

And I know for a fact that there are wrecks within my diving range, because that is what was planned. I don't have to wait for further qualifications, this tick on the bucket list can be put in its box relatively soon. As in, within a year rather than however long it takes to save up for one of the more further afield aspirations. It also makes me excited for diving off the coast of England in other places, what other gems lie just off the coast and under the surface?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line