Final Friday Top Five!

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Mammals


5. Blue Whale

Photo from Live Science
  
Who doesn't love the blue whale? They are the largest creature to have ever lived. Ever! And Qi fans will know that the answer has to be blue whale. They are so incomprehensibly huge. It boggles my brain that I share a planet with the largest creature to have ever lived. I genuinely cannot fathom how big they are.


4. Manatee

Photo from Defender of Wildlife

Dylan told me manatees move forward by farting. What a fact!!
But also, they are huge mammals which sustain themselves on a vegetarian diet. I love nature. It's so fun.


3. Polar Bear

My reason for this has nothing to with polar bears. It's because of Lucas the Spider. The way he says polar bear is so cute and I cannot say it any other way.



2. Risso's Dolphin
Everyone loves bottlenose dolphins. I love Risso's dolphins. When playing Endless Ocean, we found these in the abyss - which is the scariest place you can explore in the game. So finding something very not a goblin shark lurking in the dark was welcome. (Honestly, the most low key game ever genuinely scared the living daylights out of my sisters and I.) So I did some digging to find some fun facts. Risso's dolphins have a lot of teeth which they use for mating displays and conflicts.

Honourable Mentions
Walrus
Sea Otters
Sea Lions

1. Orca Whales 

Photo from Wikipedia

Orca whales are badass. They are very intelligent creatures and use that to aid their hunting tactics. They hunt sharks and successfully kill them by turning them onto their backs and inducing a trance called tonic immobility. They just keep them there until they suffocate, then it's dinner time! They also hunt in packs to dislodge seals from the ice by creating bow waves. 

They are also beautiful and iconic. And anything mentioned in a Regina Spektor song has got to be cool. 

What are your favourite marine mammals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line