Advent Calendar Day 21

 

Advent Calendar Day 20

Happy Winter Solstice!

Advent Calendar Day 21

Today marks the day with the shortest daylight hours. In Pagan traditions, this was the day to celebrate. I could rant about how Christian’s co-opted it for their own holiday, ooorrrrr I can celebrate both. We find reasons for good cheer and festivity this time of year to help keep the fear of the dark at bay. It’s why January and February are so hard, they are just as cold and dark without the festival of joy and giving to break up the scary.

So celebrate! Be grateful that daylight is going to start getting longer again. Marvel at the wonder of nature. Just enjoy the fact that we have very nearly made it another year around the sun. Goodness knows that outside forces have tried very hard to make it not so! Listen to the Salmon of Wisdom, I know what I am on about. (Ok, there is so little context about that, but I need to raid my mum’s pagan book collection before I can explain that.)

Full Moon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line