Advent Calendar Day 4

 Advent Calendar Day 3

We’re four days in - what do you reckon it is today?

Advent Calendar Day 4

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas - specifically the Jim Carrey, 2000 version - is one of my favourite Christmas films. And you can bet a few more will be making an appearance. Why do I love this film? One, it’s so heckin’ quotable. I exclaim, “Oh bleeding hearts of the world, unite!” at least once a week. Two, Martha May Whovier aka Christine Baranski. The woman is a gem and I will not hear otherwise. And three, it makes me feel all the things.

Every poignant emotion in this film is something I have experienced - to some degree. I wasn’t run out of my class for having stubble. But feeling out of place, not being able to connect with the festive spirit, an inappropriate crush on Christine Baranski - I relate to the Grinch in so many ways. But also the joy and fuzzy Christmas feelings, too. I tend to get that when it’s warm inside, lots of twinkly lights, and outside it is really dark. Something about the contrast of dark and scary against warm and light just feels like Christmas to me.

Enough waffle - here is my favourite scene.

The Grinch


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line