Diving Bucket List Pt 2

A few months ago I started my Diving Bucket List. Since getting Fifty Places to Dive Before You Die (by Chris Santella) for my Birthday, I have been adding to this list. The book is compiled of sites reccomended by diving experts across the world. I've been dipping in and out of the book over the last month, and here are the dips I want to take!

The Diving Bucket List
Continued..


Channel Islands, CA

Kelp forests. Photo from Horizon Charters
 
The kelp forests look amazing. And like you'd be diving around Finding Dory - follow the shells!  There are a few places on my America wishlist and California is one of them. So this would be two birds one stone for me! There is plenty of life around this area too, which is always a drawing point for me. Gotta see them fishies.


Lord Howe Island, Australia

Balls Pyramid. Photo from Outdoor Australia

Quite often when I talk about diving abroad, people assume I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. While I would love it, I would rather go about fifty years ago before it got badly bleached and damaged by pollution and tourism. Or in a couple decade's time when it's had time to recover. But that's not to say I don't want to dive elsewhere in Australia.
Lord Howe Island is just shy of 400 miles out from the mainland and is host to a great variety of dive sites and life. Certain areas are marine parks and protected from fishing, so there is all the life. And it has plenty of coral too.


Kona, Hawaii

The feesshiiiess! Photo from Jack's Diving Locker
Hawaii is also on the general travel bucket list. So of course I want to dive there too. As the islands are made from volcanic activity, they are very steep and this continues under the water. The drop off is very close to shore so the good dive spots are nearby too. And Hawaii is known for its abundancy of life. Sounds like heaven, if you ask me.


What places are on your diving bucket list? Where is on your travel bucket list? Anywhere I should know about? Lemme know below!



Listening to: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Friday Top Five!

Marine Creature of the Month JUNE

6 Months Down The Line